Latest Problems Manager Role at Stanbic IBTC Bank on 2016
Stanbic IBTC Bank a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
POSITION : Problem Manager
- Group Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of all activities required to carry out, monitor and report on the problem management process, and responsible for reviewing problem trends and proactively taking actions to identify problems and remove errors for a department or business unit
Primary responsibilities include the:
- Identification of IT problems by analysing incident data in conjunction with incident managers or engaging with relevant IT support staff;
- Investigate IT problems, according to impact, through to resolution or error identification;
- Facilitate requests for changes (RFCs) to clear errors;
- Monitor progress on the resolution of known errors;
- Advise incident management staff on known workarounds for incidents related to unresolved problems or known errors; and
- Assist with the handling of major incidents and identifying the root causes.
Proactive problem management through:
- Identification of trends and potential IT problem sources by reviewing incident and problem analysis data;
- Facilitate requests for changes (RFCs) to prevent the recurrence of problems; and
- Facilitate the prevention of IT problems across multiple systems
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as engineering, computer sciences, statistics, mathematics.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Microsoft Office Suites (especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Report Preparation