Latest Recruitment at the Lagos Court of Arbitration (LCA) on 2016
The LCA is an independent private sector driven international centre for the resolution of commercial disputes by arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. It was established by law in 2009 and provides services to local and international parties and the entire sub-Saharan region. LCA is the leading centre for commercial dispute resolution in Africa.
POSITION : Executive Secretary
- The Executive Secretary will be responsible to the Board of Directors for overall planning, directing, controlling and coordinating the Centre’s activities: carrying out the day to day business of the Centre; convening Board meetings in consultation with the President and ensuring that plans and policies are executed efficiently and effectively.
- The Executive Secretary is also the head of the LCA secretariat, and is responsible for the administration of arbitrations and mediations under the LCA Arbitration & Mediation Rules as well as ad hoc arbitrations or those established under other rules.
- With the support and direction of the Board, the Executive Secretary is also responsible for developing and promoting international arbitration in Nigeria and the advantages of the arbitral seat of Lagos, Nigeria as well as the world class facilities of the International Centre for Arbitration and ADR (“ICAA”).
- We are seeking to identify and recruit for this role an individual with clear understanding of arbitration and ADR and especially the regimes for international arbitration, the administration of international arbitral institutions, and to demonstrate a clear vision for advancing the mission of LCA nationally and internationally. The role will require extensive travel and a high level of commitment to the continued development of Lagos as a seat for international arbitration and of LCA as a major arbitral institution in Africa.
- The successful candidate for this challenging, demanding and high-profile role will be highly motivated, independently minded and a qualified lawyer with a minimum of ten years’ post- qualification experience and significant experience of arbitration.
- Full professional fluency in English is required.
- Professional fluency in French would be a significant advantage.
A competitive salary will be offered along with additional benefits, including healthcare.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications by email enclosing CV’s, a cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience and candidates understanding of the role within the LCA mission to: firstname.lastname@example.org