Latest Senior Administrative Officers at Catholic Relief Services on 2017
Catholic Relief Services- CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to the work of CRS. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
POSITION : Senior Administrative Officer
- The position of the Senior Administrative Officer will oversee the office administration processes for the CRS Global Fund (GF) program, while providing reports and status updates to Operations Manager on a timely basis.
- This position is responsible for following through on the day-to-day activities that will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the GF Abuja program office and zonal offices.
- The Senior Administrative Officer will be specifically responsible for: – the GF program logistics including vendor agreements and contracts management, clearing of goods at points of entry etc.
- Facilitate effective coordination, understanding and cooperation between the administration department and the finance/ program departments.
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient application of agency resources, minimize wastage and achieve highest standards of stewardship.
- Provide supervision on couriers to ensure that commodity documentation (for sent and received items) is carried out properly.
- Manage contract for guards at the zonal offices (with central security service provider).
- In conjunction with the Head, Facility and Fleet Unit, draft all tenancy agreements/contracts accordingly.
- Manage supplies for GF offices.
- Manage contracts for facilities and securities.
- Carry out due diligence on properties and vendors as required by organization’s administrative procedures.
- Manage and update the CP Yearly Approved Suppliers List.
- Coordinate with program and administration staff for the transportation of project materials/equipment to project partners and to the field offices where applicable.
- Ensure all required documentation and approvals are secured for such transportation.
- Forward received documentation on deliveries to the Logistics Officer for processing of payments.
- Receive goods received notes from the partners and delivery notes from the transporters; initiate payment process and follow up with Finance.
- Organize all necessary required labor to facilitate the movement of received goods and effectively organize the delivery of the goods to the required locations
- Provide support in the movement of items that are donated to the office and ensure all documentation is in place for receiving or onward movement to partners where applicable.
- Advise staff/travelers on immigration requirements for in country; provide support as needed to facilitate visa processing.
- Coordinate all visa requests for staff on official assignment and provide needed support.
- Manage the country program welcome kit on SharePoint.
- Provide support to the Security Manager; in absence, act as the security manager.
- Reviews requests for services and cash disbursements and ensure its adequately supported and in compliance with administrative and financial policies and procedures.
Agency Wide Competences (For all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: GF Program Management Unit (PMU); Head, Facility and Fleet Unit; Sub-Offices Administration staff; Program staff; finance staff; Operations Manager
- External: Representatives of other PVOs, Contractors, Vendors, project partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Economics, Administration or Management. An MBA is preferable.
- Must be a mature, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative.
- Minimum of five years’ relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an international organization.
- Prior experience in supervising staff in a structured work environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices.
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and MS Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to travel to field locations regularly and sometimes on short notice.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the application form here and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to:NG_HR@global.crs.org
Position and desired location must be stated as the subject of the email e.g. Senior Administrative Officer – Abuja.
Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.