Latest Senior Nursing Officer at AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) on 2016
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
POSITION : Senior Nursing Officer – Unzuughul Clinic
- In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTCT, prevention and TB services.
- Supervises the provision of skilled nursing procedures (i.e dressing changes).
- Ensures that medication administration is within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Directly performs or monitors the provision of phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- Acts as a team leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care in the health facilities.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Supervises the provision of patient and family education.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- Mentors and ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Supports the ART nurses to establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Supervise community program staff and ensure achievement of targets as well as timely preparation and dissemination of reports.
- Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the Nurse Manager.
Education and Experience:
- University graduate in Nursing (B.Sc) or its equivalent.
- MPH degree would be an added advantage
- At least three years experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.