Latest Vacancies at Heartland Alliance International Abuja on 2016 – 4 positions
Heartland Alliance International – A leading anti-poverty organizations, works in communities in the U.S. and abroad to serve those who are homeless, living in poverty, or seeking safety.
POSITION Pharmacy Advisor
- Pharmacy Advisor will plan and support the delivery of high quality pharmaceutical care services and the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- S/he will manage the pharmaceutical care aspects of the HIV prevention, care and treatment program
- Develop work plans and activities in concordance with the Government of Nigeria’s stipulated guidelines/standards
- Tracking, monitoring and inventory analysis of all pharmacy stock employing the use of monitoring tools, spread sheets and data bases
- Establish a viable system to ensure a constant supply of high quality, affordable, safe and effective essential drugs and medical supplies to the One Stop Shops
- The key task of the Pharmacy Advisor is to strengthen systems for warehousing and distribution as well as quality assurance and increase the capacity of the field staff
- The incumbent will assist and advise HAl Nigeria management in all pharmaceutical related matters including annual planning, budgeting and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science or management field
- Registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a pharmacist
- Must have knowledge of and experience with HIV care and treatment medication
- Must have previous experience working in a multidisciplinary team in a clinical setting
- Proven experience in pharmaceutical quality assurance
- Proven ability to design and implement procedures
- Must have a broad based knowledge of and experience with computerized systems in pharmaceutical warehousing and QA.
POSITION : Laboratory Advisor
- The Incumbent will provide leadership and technical expertise and coordination of services needed in implementing high quality clinical laboratory services.
- H/She will coordinate the design, planning and implementation of laboratory services according to national and international standards.
- The incumbent will be responsible for overall laboratory management, which includes managing professional, support staff and large budgets and ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations related to laboratory procedures and the reporting and maintenance of records; and work collaboratively with other managers to establish and maintain laboratory services to support HAI’s HIV prevention. care and treatment programs in the community.
- Duties in this position will include, but are not limited to: planning, directing, and evaluating the work of laboratory personnel; ensuring that test results are recorded and accurateJ reported: preparing the budget and monitoring expenditures and revenues.
- Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related science from an accredited school
- Valid Certificate to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist mandatory
- Minimum of five years of successful senior-level laboratory management experience and ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the current principles and techniques surrounding the management of laboratory services
- In addition, the post holder must possess experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices within a hospital environment
- A very good understanding and working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities; Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (eg., USAID, CDC/PEPFAR and other grant funders).
POSITION : Clinical Advisor
- The incumbent would provide technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, working with organization Clinical Officers and One Stop Shop based teams to implement care and treatment services especially in adult treatment for Key population
- As part of a team, review existing models of care to be applied to improving patient care, patient flow, medical records, etc.
- Initiate, mentor and enhance care and treatment services at sites
- Participate in the development and review of training curricula in specified areas for site staff on clinical management of HIV/AIDS
- Provide on-going mentoring and hands-on supervision to site clinicians, serve as a resource for service delivery evaluation
- Develop and refine program materials such as clinical guidelines, protocols, algorithms, drug formularies and training materials
- Represent the organization and liaise with Federal and State Government officials and partner organizations as assigned.
- Medical Degree
- At least 5 years’ post NYSC clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment especially in adult treatment; At least 2 years in management experience
- Excellent knowledge of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment
- Experience in developing project specific ART delivery plan.
POSITION : Prevention Manager
- Incumbent will provide technical support for comprehensive HIV/ AIDS programming for Key population
- Responsible for strengthening the leadership and the capacity of target populations and CBOs in coordination with state teams on HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention (HIV STP).
- To ensure the integration of HIV Sexual Transmission Prevention services into the existing services provided by HAI to key population.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of approaches in Prevention services, the prevention of and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Supports collaboration among partners involved in HIV STP programs and promotes use of internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV STP interventions/services for key populations
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV STP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate international standards, regional protocols, and local realities
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or a related field; or a Master’s degree or equivalent in Public Health or related fields
- At least 5 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 2 years of which must be at a management level within an international NGO or agency
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including USAID, EC, DFID, CDC/PEPFAR, and others a Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and committed to working with vulnerable and marginalized groups should kindly submit a one-page cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name, company, email and phone number) to: Ng-Recruitment@heartlandalliance.org
- The subject of the email “MUST” be the Position Title and Location applied for.
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender.
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.