Latest Vacancy at Heartland Alliance International on 2016
Heartland Alliance International – one of the world’s leading anti-poverty organizations, works in communities in the U.S. and abroad to serve those who are homeless, living in poverty, or seeking safety.
POSITION : Capacity Advisor
- The Capacity Advisor serves as the focal point for the capacity building of local partners and organizational development.
- Providing support to the HAl and local partners program staff through trainings, program coordination and management and effective communication in a right based environment.
- Nascent (greenhouse) organizations may be co-located with HAl programming.
- He/She is responsible for the full implementation of HAl programming at the field level.
- Capacity Building Support: Implement the capacity development plan of local partner’s program staff through conducting on-site, formal and informal trainings, including training-of-trainers sessions and advising step-down trainings to meet program objectives.
- First Degree in Medical Science, Management; Social Science or related field; Advanced Degree in Public Health or Social Science preferred.
- At least four years’ experience working with a NGO, must include Project Implementation; Supervisory and Capacity building experience in public health or social science program management.
- Previous experience working in Lagos and knowledge of local language is essential
- Experience working with in collaboration with local partners, NGOs and CBOs
- Experience in capacity building, HIV/AIDS Advocacy, prevention, treatment and care, STI management and or care.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and committed to working with vulnerable and marginalized groups should kindly submit a one-page cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name, company, email and phone number) to: Ng-Recruitment@heartlandalliance.org
- The subject of the email “MUST” be the Position Title and Location applied for.
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender.
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other enquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.