Latest Vacancy at Nnamdi Azikiwe University on 2016
Nnamdi Azikiwe University – founded on the philosophy that knowledge should be propagated and disseminated to individuals without hindrance. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, after whom the University is named, stands out clearly in the history of University education in Nigeria and Africa in general. In the discharge of its mission, the University shall live up to the ideals of this renowned statesman, by making University education pragmatic, and using it to forge unity among the various communities in Nigeria and the International community.
POSITION : MP Infrastructure Professorial Chair in Mechanical Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering
- The Chair is aimed at specialty research efforts, characterized by high levels of feasibility, social acceptability and environmental sustainability. The research programme and academic activities associated with it shall be in line with the University’s objective of excelling in Mechanical Engineering.
- Consequent upon the above, the application should state, in clear terms, the vision, mission and logistics of the impact-oriented projects. The applicant must be in the areas of Mechanical Engineering.
- The research areas for the candidate shall comprise a proposal that would impact on the Nigerian society in Mechanical Engineering industry especially in the areas of Automotive Mechanics arid Advanced Materials Technology.
- The occupant will be required to attract research grants, give an annual lecture, publish and disseminate research results and organize major seminar/lectures/symposium.
- The occupant may, in addition, teach relevant courses in Mechanical Engineering at undergraduate and graduate levels where necessary, as well as carry out other academic duties as may be assigned by the University.
- The candidate should possess considerable relevant experience including demonstrated academic and research leadership and must be a registered engineer.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a three-year period in the first instance and is renewable for another two years, based on performance.
- The Chair occupant shall be entitled to a furnished office, accommodation and an official car in addition to a remuneration to be agreed upon between the donor and the University.
- The Chair has, attached to it, necessary funding support for research, conferences, travel, technical and secretarial services among others.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of their Curriculum Vitae as well as five (5) copies of brief outline of their research proposals along with the application to the Registrar. Candidates should also request their three named referees to forward confidential reports on them, all of which shall reach:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
Note: Each application shall be accompanied by a short proposal in the research areas which shall be presented and discussed during the interview.