Latest Vacancy at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) for a Systems and Application Assistant on 2017
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Our award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
POSITION : Systems and Application Assistant
- Responsible for all electronic appliances for regular screening
- Develop a simple application, using customer database and mail merger; asset record of the Unit; automated Bincard on receiving, storage, issuance of materials and stock at the I-House store;
- Develop asset management module on location and distribution records of each assets;
- Liaise with the Institute’s ICT unit with any problem relating to ICT;
- Coordinate with ICT service providers on license renewal, installation of new TS6000 and conference package for Hospitality and Travels services;
- Maintain all PCs, TVs, electrical key locks and any other electronic appliances deployed to I-House and follow up on digital satellite TV (DSTV) subscription;
- Update and maintain the large TV screen PPT at the I-House reception and also be in charge of the music systems for all events organized by Hospitality and Travel Services;;
- Develop modules to support hospitality and travels services routine activities;
- Assist in taking regular backup of database of all application;
- Assist in developing a POS application which will take proper documentation of all sales and stock inventory and generate required report for community store;
- To create a cafeteria meal ticket software application to replace the manual cafeteria meal ticketing which will generate a meal ticket and also generate required reports;
- Assist in redesigning and develop the hotel website and create all social media websites for Hospitality and Travels Services which will aid social marketing tools;
- Develop and maintain an hotel reservation billing system to be deployed same technology to all IITA’s guest house;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science or related field with Two (2) years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a good team player.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be computer savvy.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.