Latest Vacancy at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited on 2016
Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited – a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2015, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5 billion with approximately 18,800 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
POSITION : Maintenance Supervisor – Mechanical
- Coordinates daily mechanical maintenance activities at the plant,ensures that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area and trains new members of the team on maintenance procedures and standards.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools and ensure those are maintained according to applicable guidelines and policies and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures as well as assigned maintenance plan.
- Inspect completed work to ensure that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Communication Skills
- Cost awareness & effectiveness
- Teamwork skills
- Wärtsilä Quality, safety, environment skills
- Maintenance Management
- Charge air system
- Compressed air systems
- Cooling water systems
- Emission reduction systems
- Exhaust gas system
- Fuel System
- Gas fuel systems
- Injection support systems
- Lubricating oil systems
- Sludge reduction systems (Effluent handling system)
- Steam systems
- Engine knowledge, medium speed
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Engine control system knowledge
- Trouble shooting, mechanical
- Measurement equipment, mechanical
- Technical drawings and flow charts
- Parameter trending and analysis
- Equipment/plant condition & efficiency monitoring and control
- Store and tool keeping knowledge
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 Years Experience with Wartsila power plant, preferably in Field service.
- Trouble shooting of Wartsila 50DF, WECS and UNIC is desired.