Latest Vacancy for an Audit Officer at Peoplesource Consulting on 2016
Peoplesource Consulting – Our client is a recognised and respected name in the Nigerian hospitality industry with a large focus on premium deserts. Due to their rapid growth, an exciting opportunity with this growing business awaits the right candidate. This is a dynamic and friendly environment that will suit an enthusiastic and strategic thinker. To help accelerate growth and transformation, we are seeking to recruit an Audit Officer for our client. The ideal candidate for the Audit Officer role must have some knowledge of how the internal control system within the QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) space works. The individual must also possess significant accounting reporting experience amongst other accounting skills.
POSITION : Audit Officer
- The Audit Officer will perform all functions related to achieving a proper internal control system in the company.
- The individual will also mainly assist the Internal Audit Supervisor with all aspects of day to day accounting within the business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Daily reconciliation of all POS sales report to actual sales including the verification of discounts, vouchers, voids and loyalty cards.
- Accurate calculation of cash and product overages and shortages and reporting the relevant staff deductions to internal auditor.
- Proper investigation and reporting of inventory, sales, raw material and product variances.
- Audit POS sales report to finished goods received from the kitchen.
- Banking all cash and cheques in compliance with the “Cash handling policy”.
- Updating all required internal audit records and forms as at when due.
- Ensure that the company’s ordering, receiving and delivery procedures are properly followed.
- Audit of store to production to sale reports to ensure conformity and proper usage of raw materials.
- Ensure that all monies released are used for the purpose for which it is released.
- Ensure that all required inventory, production and sales records are properly recorded and maintained.
- Audit of the entire kitchen production process (raw materials to W.I.P to finished goods) to ensure that all materials issued for production are used for the intended purpose & report any loss and wastage.
- Monitor the yield for processed raw materials to ensure that is in-line with company standards.
- Monitor raw material wastage to ensure that it does not exceed the tolerable limit set by the company.
- Participate in the weekly stock take and ensure that stock/value report gets to the accountant.
- Report all faults relating to the POS system to the internal auditor.
- Report ALL observed violations of company standards or policies to the HR officer.
- All other functions related to achieving a proper internal control system in the company.
- OND or B.Sc degree in Accounting or related degree.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role in a QSR franchise is an advantage.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Must possess a positive work ethic, a strong sense of accountability and confidentiality.
- To succeed in this position you should have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to continuously improve the way we deliver
- As above
- Any other tasks assigned by your Manager
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and applications to: email@example.com quoting the job title as subject.