Latest Vacancy for Assistant Director at The American University of Nigeria on 2016
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
POSITION : Assistant Director – Facilities Management
Summary of Position
Under the authority of the Director Facilities Management, the Assistant Director shall perform supervisory functions in support of the Facilities Management of the university. The Assistant Director Facilities Management shall;
- Serve as the initial contact for the Facilities Management department, and provide assistance to faculty, staff, students, and general public who contact or visit the office.
- Direct, organize, and arrange works & maintenance support functions for A.U.N.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Lead first line works & maintenance supervisors.
- Inspect the university’s properties on a regular basis and supervises scheduling improvements and repairs.
- Control and supervise day to day activities of the works & maintenance staff department and contractors in their duties to keep the university‘s properties in a safe and comfortable condition.
- Control the organization of scheduled all works & maintenance activities.
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, and training maintenance employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of works & maintenance performance.
- Check / monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and the reordering process when is necessary.
- Develop and communicates departmental procedures for works & maintenance.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager and units’ supervisors to make staffing decisions regarding maintenance and operations departments.
- Stay abreast of new technology, equipment and processes, for delivery of services.
- Approve specifications for procurement of supplies, equipment and services related to maintenance and custodial departments.
- Assist in development and monitor all maintenance and operations budgets for efficient use of university funds.
- Approve and check maintenance department purchase orders to finance department for processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Mechanical /Refrigeration / Electronic engineering and 8 years relevant experience preferably in Facilities Management.
- At least three years of successful supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of basic principles of maintenance and operations.
- Ability to manage personnel and budgets.
- Ability to coordinate departmental functions, to achieve university goals.
- Ability to interpret and apply university’ policies and administrative procedures.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to compile and analyze data
- Willingness to be a member of a dedicated team
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working with computers and other types of technology
- Open to new ideas and adaptable to changing technology.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Maintain positive attitude when dealing with customers.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.