Latest Vacancy at Hubmart Stores Limited on 2016
Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
POSITION : Head Chef
- The job description of a head chef requires candidates who can delegate tasks effectively, as well as solve problems and address issues efficiently in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- Candidates for this position must be knowledgeable in food preparation and cooking tasks.
- Head chefs direct and facilitate the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of all food stuffs for a restaurant or any other food-serving facility; plans, prices, and executes the menu; and otherwise oversees the operation of the kitchen.
- Develops menus.
- Develops recipes and standard techniques for food preparation in order to ensure food consistency and quality.
- Remains up to date on new techniques and trends in dining to ensure currency in kitchen food preparation standards.
- Delegates tasks to chefs, cooks, and other personnel to ensure the economical and technically correct preparation of all food items.
- Tracks kitchen expenses.
- Coordinates with food service manager to create and monitor the budget.
- Prepares or directly monitors the preparation of technically difficult dishes.
- Supervises preparation to minimize wastage.
- Assesses operation to ensure all rules and regulations for health, sanitation, and safety are followed.
- Develops training for food preparation personnel in order to safeguard against kitchen accidents.
- Provides on-the-job and professional development training for food preparation personnel.
- Keeps up to date with local, seasonal ingredients and plans menus around them.
- Works to help market the business with the creation of ‘specials’ and unique dishes.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and positively in order to manage a crew of kitchen staff.
- Is able to produce large amounts of food effectively and in a short period of time.
- Has organizational skills and the ability to develop and follow schedules for the entire kitchen crew.
- Is knowledgeable on food production and food service managing.
- Has well developed interpersonal skills for negotiating with co-workers and restaurant owners as well as for handling customers
- Extensive professional culinary experience is required, which can be obtained through internship programs and apprenticeships.
- Strong knowledge of administration, management, and human resources is also necessary.
Inclusive of these stated above, Its important that successful candidates for the position have the following:
- Strong Personality.
- Mature Disposition.
- Quality Leadership Skills.
- Knowledge of Retail Operations (FMCG).
- A minimum of HND/ B.Sc or its equivalent.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.orgTitled The Post Sought For.