Latest Vacancy via Bradfield Consulting Limited on 2016
Our client, an educational institution is seeking a resourceful candidate to lead the refinement of the organization’s brand strategy, as well as manage all related marketing activities.
POSITION : Manager, Marketing, Media and Corporate Communication
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this hire will oversee the development and implementation of a multi-year, national plan that is focused on promoting the Institution to donors, students, parents/wards, media outlets, and other target audiences.
- Specifically, this hire will be responsible for the production of marketing collateral (print, email, and web-based), social media campaign, website and blog maintenance, public and media relations, and national events, including the school’s annual fundraiser.
- This is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated communications professional to play a critical role in the continued growth of a highly successful educational institution.
- Initiate, implement and oversee the strategic marketing plan for the school.
- Develop strategies to manage the school’s image.
- Develop strategies to manage relationships with alumni and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a database of corporate, school supporters, alumni etc.
- Maintain on-going communication and information support with alumni, parents and the media.
- Providing information and up-to-date web content about the school for publication on the website and directories
- Liaising with the CEO and HOSs in writing and producing marketing material (brochures, posters, flyers etc.) for the Schools.
- Develop in-house skills for marketing
- Develop a termly marketing action plan for the schools to support pupils’ recruitment and retention.
- Selection and ordering of promotional merchandise for exhibitions and for use as corporate gifts
- Proactively searching out information for PR purposes and writing press releases in line with the school’s policy.
- Liaison with, and providing information to, the media and arranging interviews with members of management where necessary in line with the school’s policy.
- Serve as the school’s primary media contact and foster relationships with media personnel to enhance the schools’ image and visibility.
- Oversee the management of the marketing and communications budget to ensure appropriate and effective spending.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills with personable appearance
- Customer Service skills
- Excellent IT proficiency skills and conversant with the use of social media
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong Interpersonal skills/Team Player
- Creativity and innovative skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Fundraising expertise
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience
- Candidate should have a minimum of 10 years work experience in marketing and branding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division from a recognized University [preferred].
- Good measure of fluid intelligence, and ability for fast learning and problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of marketing principles and procedures, planning and implementing marketing programs.
- Previous experience in managing projects within schedule and budget and in effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with a large, diverse, and multifaceted organization.
- Experience in writing and editing marketing communications such as news releases, advertising copy, social media posts, and other promotional material content, as well as documents such as project proposals, event plans, customer feedback reports, etc.
- Ability to deliver business results.