Manager Job Vacancy at The Norwegian Refugee Council on 2016
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore seeking an ICT Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. The ICT Officer reports to the Logistics Manager.
POSITION : Emergency Project Manager
- The Emergency Project Manager reports to the Area Manager in Maiduguri
- In collaboration with HoP, AM and PDMs startup emergency department for NRC Nigeria
- In collaboration with AM, identify and train Emergency Focal Points in NRCs field offices
- Facilitate emergency assessments, in close collaboration with PDMs and NRCs Access and Security Department
- In collaboration with HoP and PDMs contribute to project proposals budgets and reports to relevant donors in accordance with deadlines and guidelines given by HoP and the applicable donor
- Coordinate the emergency aid delivery with other humanitarian actors working in the State or at the national level
- Ensure proper documentation of emergency response activities, including post-distribution monitoring.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical expertise on emergency interventions
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in northern Nigeria is an advantage
- Political and cultural awareness
- Solid field experience, preferably from refugee/IDP emergency response
- Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in cash and voucher-based programming
- Experience with Emergency start up.
- Experience in SOP systemic design approach
- Experience in working with ECHO RRM funded projects is an advantage
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Commencement: November 2016
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels.Maiduguri is a non-family posting. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start
Note: Candidates are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.