Market Development Analyst Needed at GE Nigeria on 2016
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
POSITION : Lead Market Development Analyst
- Market Development Analyst will have a diverse range of responsibilities at various stages in the conceptualization, structuring and advancement of initiatives and opportunities including, but not limited to;
- Preparing internal strategy documents, performing competitive analyses, market sizing, opportunity structuring, coordinating and managing relationships with internal GE business groups, liaising with external stakeholders/partners (public & private) and performance analysis/reporting.
- Support regional team to develop market and competitive intelligence (data and communication tools) around market sizing, country assessments, customer segmentation and value proposition, development of new go-to-market strategies and business models, and understanding of industry trends (region & customer base).
- Support on providing key marketing fundamentals on a project basis: collection and analysis of market and competitive intelligence and action as it is required to differentiate GE in the marketplace. Define TAM, SAS and GE Entitlement and Penetration.
- Work closely with regional sales managers, P&L sales and functional teams in owning local growth targets & translating “white space” ideas to bankable projects
- Create and own a local opportunity and project tracking tool for reporting & lead generation for GE businesses, manage key account relationships & build new customer relationships to originate deals in partnership with the GE businesses
- Leverage business units and product portfolios to develop and sell “One GE” solution to customers. Drive enterprise selling Into the country
- Support regional sales teams including customer visits, local project developers (public and private), OEMs, integrators, to ensure thorough understanding of the commercial opportunities in the territory, feeding such information to sales teams
- Work on key projects as assigned by the Strategic Marketing Leader across the GGO region with key focus on Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Demonstrate commercial and technical expertise in specific sectors and key GE verticals
- Ensure process adherence to all government-contracting requirements with support from GE legal resources.
- Manage and interact with external and internal partners including consultants/research vendors, as necessary
- Perform other duties as necessary within the scope of the post holder’s capabilities
- University degree
- 5+ years’ work experience in a Marketing or Market Development related function preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and team building skills; proven ability to work well in a matrix environment
- Excellent presentation skills; Strong oral and written communication skills
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the “critical few” issue/priorities.
- Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely.
- Strong mathematics and statistical skills. Programming expertise (VBA). Advanced level of Excel and Power Point.