Market Officers Recruitment at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) on 2016 – 6 slots
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming. CRS is expanding its activities in the North-East in the area of Food Security, Nutrition, Non Food Items, Water and Sanitation.
POSITION : Market Officer
Vendor Selection, Registration & Training:
- The Market Coordinator, in collaboration with the FSPO will coordinate the vendor selection through the development and implementation of the vendor selection criteria
- The Market Coordinator in collaboration with the FSPO will register each vendor and provide theta with required project identification, including an ID card and project symbol for display
- The Market Coordinator in collaboration with the FSPO will coordinate with the vendors and conduct training of vendors in voucher methodology. ensuring a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities of the vendor when participating in the voucher program
- Visit every vendor on weekly basis and check stock with them for each food item
- Fill stock taking form with the vendor
- Ensure shops have enough workers to easily handle rushes of customers.
- Spot – check that vendor prices are commensurate with general market prices
- Make sure that vendors are only allowing beneficiaries to spend the total voucher amount on food items and are not giving change in cash for vouchers, or exchanging vouchers directly for cash.
Voucher Coordination and Liquidations:
- Close the Vendor Invoice for each vendor, stamp the invoice as closed, collect the Vendor Invoice, and
- Provide the vendor with new Vendor Invoice.
- Check that vendors are writing their codes on the voucher after entering the information into the sales sheet amid giving items to beneficiary.
- Verify vendor voucher counts and record the number of vouchers in each denomination received and the total amount.
- Ensure that vouchers are counted correctly in front of the vendor, and that both parties validate the count,
- Vouchers and all documents will be enclosed and sealed in an envelope with the name and vendor code indicated.
- Review all vendors vouchers and relevant documentation individually for each vendor and submit detailed report for each vendor liquidation to finance.
- Ensure that the following documents are with each vendor’s vouchers before sending to finance;
- Used vouchers
- Vendor shop invoice for payment
- Copy of distribution list of beneficiaries for the month of the liquidation
- Payment request form
Report Writing & Market Monitoring:
- Monitor the constraints, transport, commodity flows, market stocks and prices on a bi-monthly basis using the Marketing Monitoring Form
- In collaboration with the Community Coordinator and FSPO, write monthly project reports describing any changes in the market operational environment during that month.
- Degree in Social Science, Markets, Agriculture, Economics, Finance or another relevant discipline;
- 2-3 years project management experience in international development, preferably in market-based activities
- Demonstrated skills in training and capacity building through technical assistance and mentoring.
- Demonstrated quantitative skills, including Microsoft Excel, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to a variety of stakeholders
- Good interpersonal, skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders successfully
- Knowledge of and commitment to key development frameworks like the Integral Human Development Framework.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within Borno State 60% of the tinie.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form using the link below and send with a detailed 3-page Resume in a single file MS Word document to: NG-HR@global.crs.org
download the Application Form
- This will be an open advert until the position have been filled. Position and location must be stated as the subject of the mail.
- Interview will be conducted on a rolling biases and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color religion etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.