Monitoring and Evaluation at TechnoServe on 2016
TechnoServe – we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities. TechnoServe has earned a 4-star rating from independent evaluator Charity Navigator for the last 10 years, placing us in the top 1 percent of all its rated nonprofits. TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty.
POSITION : Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will oversee the direct development and implementation of the SAPFF’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) system. This position will report to the Team Lead.
In this role the manager will:
- Establish a framework, methodology, procedures, and responsibilities for MEL program performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements;
- Develop MEL systems for use throughout the project lifecycle;
- Plan and oversee MEL data collection and analyze such data to ensure relevancy and accuracy on a regular basis;
- Implement systems to safeguard the collection and management of project data;
- Review, monitor, and analyze reports for impact evaluation;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of MEL activities;
- Work with senior program management to integrate MEL data into program planning and decision-making processes;
- Share analyses and trends with project team members to help synchronize project decision-making processes with MEL results;
- Recommend changes to performance monitoring and work plans;
- Train project and partner staff on MEL processes.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Master’s Degree preferred;
- 5-7 years experience with MEL methods and approaches in an international development context, including designing, planning, and implementing MEL systems, analyzing and reporting using a logical framework, and other strategic planning approaches;
- Competence managing and analyzing large datasets;
- Ability to develop well written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Strong analytical, program management, and financial analysis skills;
- Knowledge of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or other international development donor reporting requirements;
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Excel;