Officers Recruitment at AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) on 2016
AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others, Since 2001, we have worked closely with key stakeholders to reduce the burden and mitigate the impact of those diseases through cutting edge, innovative & sustainable approaches.
POSITION : Technical Officer – Pharmacy, Logistics & SCM
A member of the Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management (SCM) Team, the job holder will provide support for all Clinical Pharmacy activities of the program and management of the general logistics of HIV/AIDS pharmaceuticals and other related commodities, as well as support the in-country supply chain system as may be necessary
- Collate all records of shipments to Sites, while preparing monthly reports as at when due
- Track usage of drugs and commodities at the program sites
- Assist the Technical Advisor – Logistics & SCM in the delivery of goods into, and movement out of, the warehouse
- Work in conjunction with the Technical Advisor – Logistics & SCM and the Program Associate – Inventory Management to ensure that all packages delivered by the distribution partners are accounted for and are in good condition before taking possession
- Make necessary input into the monthly allocation of stock to the program sites
- Participate in quarterly stock review of drugs and other consumables in the Store
- Provide clinical oversight at the facility levels including identifying, preventing, and/or resolving drug-related problems, as well as delivering training to and promoting continuing education of relevant site personnel on Clinical Pharmacy in collaboration with other members of the State Team
- Review the Pharmacy prescriptions on monthly basis to ensure the use of appropriate antiretroviral therapy and liaise with the Associate Director – Pharmacy & SCM, site pharmacists and physicians (where necessary) to resolve discrepancies
- Track and maintain records of approvals and clinical follow-up of patients requiring restricted drugs
- Identify on-going Clinical Pharmacy training needs for program office and site healthcare staff
- Liaise with the sites on clinical drug-related issues, providing information and responding to enquiries there from
- Keep abreast with latest advancements and current practices in antiretroviral pharmacology and related topics/issues in the management of HIV, through continuous reading and understanding of conference abstracts/summaries and journal articles.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in Pharmacy or any other relevant qualifications and minimum of 7 years in Logistics/Supply Chain Management of HIV/AIDS commodities or in any other relevant function
Technical & Behavioral Competencies:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic logistic and operational understanding of the supply chain
- Familiarity with the program policies and procedures of donour funded – supported sites
- Experience with government systems and dynamics of working with NGOs and private parties
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS Pharmacology
- Excellent interpersonal skill
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should sned their application letters and CV’s to:email@example.com stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted for the above position.
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- The subject of the mail should be the job position being applied for, e.g. Technical Officer – Pharmacy (Lagos).
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.