Regional Controls Application Engineer at GE Nigeria on 2016
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
POSITION : Regional Controls Application Engineer
- This position involves preparing Conversion, Modification & Uprate (CM&U) technical proposals (including research, technical description, performance, emissions and cost definition), supporting engineering deliverables and engaging in the solution of Control system field issues.
- In this role as a control Application Engineer, you will utilize conceptual thinking and the ability to quickly determine applicability of GE technology to support the growing market in the MEA region.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Electrical engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of Controls engineering experience
- Minimum of 8 years of Controls gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge
- Hands-on experience on MKV, MKVI, MKVIe and other GE power generation controls equipment
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume) Nigerians Only.
- Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility.
- Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with retrofitting GE gas equipment.
- Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications.
- Coordinate with customers, GE regional and headquarters sales and operations support, EED components, and key Core Power Services organizations to ensure the Controls CM&U proposal is compatible with the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards and established quoting limits.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at customer meetings and conferences.
- Promote and contribute to business programs (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.).
- Lead system level / fleet wide proposal activities.
- Review and own proposal related metrics.