Regional Technical Officer Job Vacancy at IHS Towers on 2016
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
POSITION : Regional Technical Officer
- The individual will Lead and Direct all Network Operations, Maintenance and Resources to ensure all goals, quality standards as well as customers’ service commitment of IHS are met in the assigned region. Provide line management for the technology resources in the region and act as primary interface with IHS management for technical/engineering responsibility and authority within a region.
- The Individual should have strong experience in planning and Budgeting, SLA and Vendor Management, Resource Management etc.
- Responsible for the overall alignment of regional objectives with organizational objectives by ensuring effective communication of operational plan to all stakeholders as well as its execution and monitoring.
- Provide guidance for all resources and ensure escalated issues are received and resolved promptly.
- Establish clear ownership for O&M tasks by ensuring that all Key Performance Metrics are met.
- Conduct weekly governance meetings and engagements.
- Ensure all necessary Tools of trade of all team members are available and used in the most effective manner.
- Track progress, review all O&M tasks within the region and provide timely feedback to management to enhance effective decision-making.
- Proactively communicate O&M status, issues & risks to management.
- Accountable for overall regional compliance with policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, ensuring follow through of all agreed actions, needs and requirements.
- Responsible for overall competence development of team.
- Ensure smooth and timely integration of new network elements into the operational network.
- Manage and ensure conformance to the Quality processes and systems.
- Ensure all commercial responsibilities such as supply chain invoicing and project execution receive prompt attention across all control points within the region.
- Monitor and Coordinate official activities off all IHS staff across the assigned region.
- Performance Management and Appraisals of State Field Operations Managers (SFOMs) based on set Key Performance Areas.
- Adequate communication of relevant information and feedback from Management to State Field Operations Managers (SFOMs), Field Supervisors, Technicians and contractors.
- Identify Training needs and act as mentor to subordinates.
- Appreciate regional targets and motivate subordinates towards achievement.
- Ensure all reports (statistical and registers) are available accurately as at when due.
- Ensure Knowledge Transfer among line reports and manage staff turnover.
- Manage financial resources within contractual boundaries.
- Provide input into budget.
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners within the assigned region.
- Evaluate employee performance, monitoring improvements and making recommendations on promotions/movements.
- Develop proactive methodologies for conducting fault diagnostics and resolution.
- Creativity in mitigation of outages and resolution when they occur.
- Provide input into continuous development of site maintenance processes.
- Continually exploit creative ways of reducing expenditure (OPEX and CAPEX) through efficiency, cost management and negotiations.
- Continually access operational and business continuity risks and provide timely awareness as well as deploying mitigating initiatives.
- B.Sc. in Engineering (Electrical/Telecommunication preferred).
- 6 years Hands On experience in Telecommunication Industry.
- 3 Years in Management Role.
- Computer and Information Management.
- Power Systems.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications.
- Financial Management.
- Data Management.
- End User Support.
- Planning and Budgeting.
- SLA and Vendor Management.
- Resource Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to:email@example.com indicating the role in the subject bar.