Resident Engineer Water Supply & Sanitation at Mott MacDonald’ on 2016
Mott MacDonald’s International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates within the international development sectors of Environment and Water, Education, Health and Social and Economic Development. Together we implement and manage projects and programmes in developing countries and emerging economies around the world. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to improve the lives of people in need.
For current projects and multiple upcoming bid prospects within the field of Water Supply and Sanitation, we are seeking independent consultants for long and short term assignments for international development in in Africa and sub-continent Asia.
Our International Water, Environment and Climate Change portfolio focusses on donor funded programs to improve the lives of people in Rural and Urban areas by supporting national governments and municipalities in Policy, Master Planning, Design and Construction Supervision of water treatment plants and infrastructure. As part of our on-going success in these fields, we are now expanding our network of effective Resident Engineers and construction supervision and QA Team Leaders, for the next range of essential development projects in the very near future.
POSITION : Resident Engineer, Water Supply / Sanitation
- Provide expertise in the construction supervision of Water Supply and Sanitation projects in Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- Leading effective and diverse teams of specialists
- Contract management, financial project planning and project tracking and reporting
- Maintaining and development of relations with clients and stakeholders
- Prepare Operational Procedures for construction supervision activities
- Present to international donor representatives and national government counterparts for review
- Provide weekly and Monthly progress reports covering all activities
- You will be an experienced International Development consultant with proven technical skills in the above areas gained form implementing projects in country funded by donors such as DFID, ADB, EU, WB.
- Previous experience as team leader or Resident Engineer for at least two (2) water supply design and construction supervision projects funded by multilateral development agencies required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as FIDIC Engineer or Contractor’s Representative for water supply and sanitation projects
- Experience of water treatment plants with a design capacity of at least 1000 m3/day
- Experience in operation and maintenance with a water utility is an advantage.
- Have at least 10 years of experience in international development
- Ability to work in remote and potentially difficult locations
- Field experience in implementing projects in at least 2 countries
- Provide support to decision-making, capacity building and learning
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- Are fluent in English, additional languages are beneficial