Technical Manager Vacancy at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc on 2016
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
POSITION : Business Hub Technical Manager
- To provide solutions when the network, technical equipment/infrastructure breaks down or are no longer functioning efficiently
- Coordinates the activities of the technical crew in carrying out technical operations at the Business Hub to ensure a high degree of reliability/availability of the network (maintenance, refurbishment, modifications; and construction, installations, commissioning, and testing of equipment.
- Ensures all technical equipment is functioning properly within safety margins
- Responds to customer complaints relating to the network / technical aspects – investigates root cause of problems and initiates corrective actions to rectify problems
- Ensures all field activities are carried out according to safety standards
- Escalates equipment conditions or other facility anomalies that could affect electricity supply which cannot be resolved at the Business Hub level
- Prepares reports on technical operations activities as required
- Supervises contractors and ensures that all activities conform to company quality policies and procedures and accepted technical standards.
- Performs on-the-job training for technical crew on the proper use of equipment including accompanying SOPs.
- Maintains up-to-date Asset Registers for the Business Hub.
- Optimal control of power supply to priority customers (Energy Management).
- Deep understanding of principles and practices of power distribution operations
- Good knowledge of methods, materials, practices and equipment generally used in the operation, construction, maintenance, and repair of electricity distribution systems
- Deep understanding of principles of electrical instrumentation and mechanical installation, functions and maintenance
- Deep understanding of principles and practices of safety management
- Good knowledge of technical standards/ regulations and statutory requirements guiding electricity distribution systems
- Good stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate/drive motor vehicles/trucks
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first degree / HND in Electrical Engineering
- A post graduate qualification in power systems engineering or management fields is an added advantage
- Possession of certifications in Engineering is required; Membership of a professional body is required e.g. NSE, COREN
- At least 10+ years of varied maintenance and operational experience in the Power or Telecommunications Sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Driver’s license is required