Vacancies at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) for Director Research Support on 2016
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
POSITION : Director Research Support
- IITA is recruiting a Director for the newly established Research Support directorate. The Director will give strategic direction to and provide oversight of the directorate’s four units: Data and Information Management, Communication, Monitoring and Evaluation, Proposal Development & Project Administration.
- Priorities for the Research support directorate are:
- Development of a strong and efficient data and information management unit, including ICT that will support the whole Institute.
- Strengthening of the Institute’s strategic communication and web presence and integration of communication in research.
- Development of a strong M&E organization and culture at the Institute.
- Provide support for strategic proposal development and efficient project administration/ management.
- Ensure harmonization and maximize synergies between the 4 units so as to ensure efficient and pro-active support across the Institute.
- The director will report to the Deputy Director General for Research for Development.
- The candidate should have a PhD degree in any relevant discipline with related work experience in research management.
- At least 15 years experience in leadership position in research administration and support, with documented increase in responsibilities
- Specialization/expertise in one or more of the areas covered by the 4 units under the directorate is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in successful organizational restructuring/organizational development
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English.
The contract will be for an initial period of three years with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.