Vacancies Opening at MainOne Cable Nigeria for a Network Access Project Manager on 2016
“MainOne” also known as “Main One Cable” or “Main One” is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.
Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa.
MainOne’s world class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing online connectivity solutions in West Africa.
Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
POSITION : Network Access Project Manager
- The Network Access project manager will be responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure of designated projects within MainOne. The position entails being accountable, on-time and on-budget for service delivery and relationship management with clients.
- Be the primary contact person for designated accounts, planning and managing the overall business relationships between them and Main One.
- Manage planning and operations teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Manage and co-ordinate support and service engineers in attending to customers’ service requests and resolving same within SLA lead times with the aim of meeting Key Performance Indices (KPIs).
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Defines clearly project objective.
- Strategic planning for contract management and retention
- Escalates project issues in a timely fashion.
- Plan and manage customer meetings, resolving internal and external issues.
- Build and maintain key client relationships in order to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting need specific solutions based on business requirements.
- Liaise with cross functional internal units; Sales, Marketing, Technical, Legal, Finance etc, to manage and coordinate implementation of agreed tasks within defined timelines.
- Strategic planning to ensure constant alignment with the long term organizational goals.
- Coordinate the installation of network equipment at customer premises.
- Provides the executives with ad hoc and periodic Project environmental reports specifically to do with project costs, lessons learnt and risks
- Responsible for the implementation of current product portfolio and new products.
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with the decision makers to understand the Customers’ strategic direction and explore opportunities for MainOne to gain a larger share of the Customers’ wallets.
- Engage and interact with decision makers at a senior level to identify new and emerging business opportunities for Main One
- Other responsibilities as may be directed to carry out by the supervisor.
- You will be required to work closely with the IP Operations team, as well as the Product Development and the rest of the Commercial team.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A B.Eng. / B.Sc./B.Tech. or other first Degrees in relevant disciplines.
- MBA will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years post National Service work experience.
- Must have experience in managing telecom projects, Business Development and Client relations.
- At least five (3) years’ experience in a project management role.
- PMP or Prince2 project management methodology will be an advantage.
- Certification in CCNA also an advantage.
Demand on the job
- Strong Industry Knowledge
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
- Outstanding Process and Systems Documentation
- Attention to Detail
- Highly Organised
- Conflict Resolution
- Presentation Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Highly Organised
- Team Oriented and Leadership
- High Tolerance for Stress
- Problem Management (analysis and resolution)
- Customer Service Orientation
- Relationship Builder
- High level of Integrity
- Time and Priority Management Skills.
- People Management and Negotiation skills.
- Superior analytical Skills.
- Demonstrates independent ownership and management of tasks.
- Strong level of professionalism in dealing with highly confidential information
- Must have good knowledge of handling Telecommunication or Engineering projects
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications for financial reporting and project management.