Vacancies Recruitment at The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) on 2016
The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS), is a non-profit Organization, and the foremost independent scientific body in Nigeria which aims to stimulate national development using science and technology.
POSITION : Finance Administrator/Budget Controller
- The successful candidate will have responsibility of ensuring that Academy’s financial, human resources and administrative systems are efficient so as to sustain and increase capacity to meet strategic goals.
- Oversees development of budgets
- Oversees development of sponsor/donor financial reports
- Oversees regular review of cash advance reports
- Oversees financial reporting of the Academy’s accounts.
- Interfaces with external auditors
- Interfaces with federal and local regulatory bodies (e.g. tax)
- Performs regular review of procedures and processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- A first Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent knowledge with proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office.
- A Master’s Degree in business-related field with 5 years relevant experience with donor contracts, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations.
- Minimum of 7 years experience with a national academy, four of which should be at management level.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and team building skills
- Good written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees and stakeholders.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their resumes (prepared as a Microsoft Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference code of the position as the subject of the email.
Note: All applications will be treated with strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.